Recruitment of Associate Professor / Junior Associate Professor （Horticultural science）
- Recruitment of Associate Professor / Junior Associate Professor（Horticultural science）
- Institution：Kyoto University of Advanced Science
- URL of institution or department：https://www.kuas.ac.jp/en/related-faculties/faculty-of-b-science/
- Department：Department of Agriculture and Food Technology, Faculty of Bioenvironmental Sciences
- Institution type：Private university
- Content of job information：
In 2025, Faculty of Bioenvironmental Sciences, Kyoto University of Advanced Science (KUAS) plans to open a new educational course to develop international students who can play an active role in the world to solve various global issues in the life, environment, and food science fields.
Department of Agriculture and Food Technology, Faculty of Bioenvironmental Sciences, KUAS is now seeking for a qualified faculty member who can have several lectures（specialized subjects related to horticulture, greenhouse farming, smart farming and some common subjects of the course) and training courses in English, as well as supervise graduation research including industry placement programs for international students. The member will also be responsible for developing the new educational course.
The successful candidate is expected to engage in research related to greenhouse horticulture, integrated environmental control using artificial intelligence (AI), internet of things (IoT) and other such technology. In addition, the candidate will get involved in the design and management of a new greenhouse planned to be built in the campus.
The above education and research activities will be conducted with the cooperation of Future BioEnvironment Initiative-Center (FuBEIC), which is a new research and educational organization of KUAS established in 2022 to solve global problems involving environment, food, and human health.
Job starting date will be on 1st April 2023.
Address of work location is as follows:
Kyoto-kameoka campus of KUAS, 1-1 Nanjo Ohtani Sogabe-cho, Kameoka-shi, Kyoto, Japan
- Research field：
Area: Horticultural science
Discipline: Greenhouse farming / Integrated environmental control / Vegetable culture / Smart farming
- Job type：Associate Professor or Junior Associate Professor level
- Employment status：
The retirement age is 65
- Work location：Kinki district - Kyoto
(1) Sufficient capacity and experiences in advancing education and research for students in the above educational course.
(2) Promising excellence in producing outstanding research results in the fields mentioned above.
(3) A doctoral degree earned or expected to be earned by the time of appointment.
(4) Ability to assume academic responsibilities in English or both in English and Japanese.
Appointment level to be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
・Salary: In accordance with the KUAS Salary Regulations.
・Availability of insurance: Yes (Promotion and Mutual Aid Corporation for Private Schools of Japan)
・Working hours: Discretionary working hours (Deemed working hours: 7hours 30 minutes per day)
・Break time: In accordance with the provision of Article 19(3) of the KUAS Employment Rules.
・Holidays: In accordance with the provisions of Article 22 of the KUAS Employment Rules. In addition, according to the agreement on the "Discretionary Work System for Specialized Work".
・Overtime Work: Application of "Discretionary Work System for Specialized Work"
・Probation period: 3 months. No difference in working conditions.
- Application period：2022/09/30 - 2022/11/30 Deadline for receipt
- Application / selection / notification of result / contact details：
(1) Up-to-date curriculum vitae. (Form A)
(2) List of educational and research achievements. (Form B)
(3) Three key papers (copies permitted) provided with their summaries in no more than 500 words.
(4) A4 size one- to two- page summary outlining the exact description of an applicant's research.
(5) A4 size one- to two -page description of research plan at KUAS.
(6) A4 size one-page essay that demonstrates an applicant's experience in teaching and expresses his/her aspirations for promoting quality education at KUAS.
(7) Two letters of professional recommendation from individuals who know the applicant well, and is in a good position to evaluate and judge his/her level of excellence and accomplishment both in teaching and research.
*Recommendation letters should be signed and directly e-mailed to email@example.com in a PDF file format by the recommenders for confidentiality. The e-mail should be entitled “Recommendation letter for 〇〇〇 (full name of the applicant)" and must be received by 30th November 2022.
(8) Photo Sheet, including a current job status. (Form C）
(9) Copy of PhD Diploma or certificate of PhD degree.
*Applicants who have not obtained a PhD degree at the time of applying must submit a document regarding expected date of the degree conferment.
Application materials（1）-（8） should be written in English. For (9) , either English or Japanese is acceptable.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. An interview will be conducted either online or on site by KUAS's faculty selection committee.
Applicants should e-mail completed application materials (except recommendation letters) in a PDF file format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The e-mail should be entitled “Job Application". Please note that KUAS's confirmation regarding a successful receipt of application materials will be made through e-mail. If an applicant does not receive the e-mail of receipt, he/she is asked to contact the e-mail account for inquiry.
Application documents must be received by 30th November 2022.
Prof. Yasuyo Fujii
Faculty of Bioenvironmental Sciences, KUAS