Faculty of Engineering
Admission & Aid
Graduate Detailed Information
- Discover our program & familiarize yourself with the application requirements and procedures!
- Check out our graduate program main page, which includes the Key Features & Fields of Study as well as the Curriculum sections! Also, feel free to browse the other parts of our website, such as the latest news, our university at a glance, or Life at KUAS. Finally, be sure to read through the application requirements and procedures carefully.
- At KUAS, we want to ensure that your admission process goes as smoothly as possible, and welcome anyone who would like to start their graduate studies from September 2020. We are actively recruiting applicants from around the world, and are looking forward to creating a diverse atmosphere on our campus, where students of different nationalities, ages, sexes and backgrounds come together to study together.
- Contact KUAS Admission Office to reach potential academic supervisors
- For our graduate programs in particular, it is necessary that you get in touch with us concerning your potential academic supervisors pro-actively before submitting an application (the Admission Office will act as an intermediary), to confirm that your research interests match. Especially for the doctoral program, please allow for ample time to potentially discuss your detailed research plans with your potential supervisor.
- Complete the application procedure online
- The Admission Office will contact you regarding your supervisor’s decision. If you receive a positive reply, we will contact you to complete the remainder of your application. You may be required to send parts of your application documents by paper.
- Take an online interview
- Once we have reviewed your application package, we will contact you to set up an online interview. At KUAS, we value every applicant’s passion and thoughts. We want to get to know you, and believe that just seeing your records on paper does not paint the whole picture. It is not necessary for applicants to travel to Japan for the interview, as we do not hold any face-to-face interviews. After you submit your application, you will receive a web interview offer with detailed information such as schedule. Therefore, please ensure that you check your email regularly and respond promptly. Interviews will take place in early 2020, and they will be conducted online through a web system.
- Take your next step as an engineer!
- We value and appreciate every application to our university. Once we have carefully reviewed your application and determine that we want to welcome you to our program, we will send you an offer of admission online. If successful, please carefully follow the instructions to proceed with preliminary payments as well as the visa arrangement (detailed information can be found in the corresponding categories). We hope that you are as excited as we are to take your next step as an engineer!